Thursday 28 June 2012

I am ...

I am not courageous,
I am not brave.
I am full of fear,
doubt, mistrust and self-loathing.
I think I have nothing to say
to those I call strangers.
I worry about things that will not happen
and presume the worst.

I am not truthful either,
because that is not all I am.

I am content and peaceful,
I am smiling and laughing
at what the world has to offer.
I am full of joy
with the support and encouragement
of family and friends.
I enjoy silence
and am a good listener.

I am not truthful either,
because that is not all I am.

© 6 July 2012

2 comments:

  1. The multiple facets of humans character, thank you for reminding me. :)

    Do you write these for your blog Lauri or are they one's you've written before? I do like them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Helen, I don't intentionally write them for the blog, but they are written recently and then I decide which I'll put on here. Thanks for all your comments, you are the only one who regularly feedbacks, and it's very helpful :)

    ReplyDelete